Home News Products Downloads Forum Distributors Store Contact Us
PPE User Forum
May 26, 2017, 06:06:09 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Apple CarPlay support  (Read 19130 times)
TemeCal

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2015, 04:30:52 pm »

Anything new on this?  I'm desperately trying to get something to work with my Avic NEX (doesn't work in App mode either now).  I prefer doing it through CarPlay, but it's not looking too promising.
John@PPE

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2015, 08:23:26 am »

We haven't heard anything from Apple.
TemeCal

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2015, 11:02:41 am »

We haven't heard anything from Apple.

That's a shame.  Just like others have stated, I think CarPlay is the perfect fit for DC.  Hopefully Apple gets back to you guys!
BlueFlyingV

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2015, 05:56:50 pm »

Yep,  still hoping for CarPlay support too.  I'm guessing Apple is waiting for Palmer to send them a big pile of cash.  Roll Eyes
fizban

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2015, 02:57:03 pm »

Apple carplay added support for TuneIn, so i guess it is possible to talk to them for adding support...
fizban

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2015, 03:10:30 pm »

If you ask me, Apple will allow only audio like stuff to be supported in carplay.
Even Waze is still not supported.
I guess i will buy the new line of Pioneer which allow only lighting cable with appradio-one app.
sgt.boink

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 05, 2015, 12:38:56 pm »

Hi, I'd like to add my support in requesting DC's availability under CarPlay. Having just bought a Pioneer AVIC-6100NEX head unit (and loving it), I really think this is THE app that would be worthwhile to a lot of drivers. I've had no issue with DC so far but find looking at a small iPhone screen terribly distractive and potentially dangerous. FWIW, I'm using this via WiFi in my '06 Jetta TDI. Also, Pioneer's AppRadio is a load of BS (sorry).

Thanks!
06HemiGuy

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2015, 03:54:43 pm »

I created an account just to post to this topic!  I cant say more fantastic things about PPE.  You guys really have something special here.  I have also been promoting your product DashCommand on many of my other car forum sites.  I am also considering buying your ScanXL Pro software system.  I would be pulling the trigger today on the ScanXL Pro software opening up more options knowing that DashCommand app was Carplay compatible.  I cant agree more with the other forum members here on how important this is.  By showing my support for DashCommand's Carplay compatibility goes hand in hand with the support I show for PPE.  I cant even grasp the amount of members on my car forum sites that would purchase the software along with the app knowing it would work with Carplay.  I truly hope that PPE receives approval from Apple.  With Apples iPhone consuming 42.6 percent of the smartphone market, this is a must.  What a money maker!  Lets face it, iPhone wins and so will PPE if DashCommand becomes compatible!

**Samsung ranked second with 28.3 percent market share, followed by LG with 8.4 percent (up 0.4 percentage points), Motorola with 5 percent and HTC with 3.8 percent (up 0.1 percentage points).

https://www.comscore.com/Insights/Market-Rankings/comScore-Reports-March-2015-US-Smartphone-Subscriber-Market-Share

Apple announced CarPlay with several big-name partners already on board, like BMW, Ford, GM, Honda, Hyundai, Kia, Nissan, and more. Many of these manufacturers initially targeted 2014 launch dates for CarPlay-enabled vehicles, but delays have pushed potential launches into 2015 and 2016. For a long time, Ferrari was the only manufacturer with a CarPlay vehicle available, but support is became more widespread in the summer of 2015.

Many of Apple's partners have remained silent on release dates, but manufacturers like Volkswagen, Honda, and Chevy have already released 2016 vehicles with CarPlay support, with others like Buick, GMC, and Cadillac promising CarPlay-equipped vehicles in 2016.

http://www.macrumors.com/roundup/carplay/

Apple has a submission form on their website. If we think our app would work well with CarPlay then we request access. So I sent them a submission a couple of week ago. I haven't heard back yet. Hopefully they will respond to us. I think DashCommand would be good with CarPlay.
Jlevitt95

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 03, 2015, 07:05:01 pm »

John, any update on this??? It's almost been a full year and still no support for DC on CarPlay Cry
John@PPE

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 03, 2015, 09:31:11 pm »

We were never accepted into the CarPlay program. Due to a lack of communication from Apple this has dropped from our radar.
AML1618

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 06, 2015, 09:47:42 pm »

I had constant connectivity issues with iPhone 6+ running iOS (always latest version,  now 9.1) until i changes to genuine Apple Ligntning cable...  not a single problem since then.
larzmac

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 21, 2016, 10:31:05 am »

I was exposed to DashCommand years ago on an AppRadio unit. Connection to that platform, while complex, still feels forward-thinking and is very useful. In switching to CarPlay, DashCommand was my strongest pull to not switch platforms. I've made the swtich and am glad I did. I'd sure like to see DC on CarPlay, though. I'm frustrated that Apple is having troubles communicating and working with a company as savvy and forward thinking as Palmer is.
toritti

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 07, 2016, 09:49:05 am »

Any chance of having another go at poking Apple about Carplay? Sure seems like a perfect match for this app. Would def convince me to get the app and an ODB2 device. Cheers.
John@PPE

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 07, 2016, 10:57:37 am »

Hi. We do not have any plans to try to support Apple Car Play.
natey.j80

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 01, 2016, 02:05:46 pm »

Hello!

What is happening with CarPlay support in DashCommand? I just bought a new car with CarPlay enabled and I was very surprised to see that Dash command isn't CarPlay compatible. Very impressed by how CarPlay works. Come on guys!!! It's badly needed!!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All
  Print  

Jump to: