Home News Products Downloads Forum Distributors Store Contact Us
PPE User Forum
September 03, 2014, 12:59:02 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ScanXL  (Read 3482 times)
blackstar1967

View Profile
« on: April 18, 2008, 12:44:40 am »

This is a really cool program.  I have just a couple of questions though.  How do I access the ABS, and airbag  diagnostic  features in ScanXL?  Is it also capable of diagnosing the body control module? Is there an expanded database available with more than just Ford/Lincoln/Mercury?  This system seems to be more capable than the Snap On "red brick", although it doesn't have the trouble shooter. The bluetooth wireless connector is a nice feature, as well.  I dont have to worry about pinching the obd II cable in the door anymore when I'm reading data and wiggle testing under the hood.    Now, if only my laptop had a multimeter card in it.       
BrianP
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2008, 03:26:16 pm »

Great, I'm glad you like it!

We currently only support enhanced diagnostics for Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury vehicles. But we are working on other makes/models. We'll post up when it's available.

Can you describe the Snap-On trouble shooter feature for me? I'm not familiar with it, but we are always interested in improving the software.
blackstar1967

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2008, 11:31:42 pm »

The Snap-On troubleshooter basically tells you what each trouble code means, and also offers diagnostic tips for figuring out the cause of the trouble code.  It's pretty helpful, but not entirely necessary if  you have access to Auto Data or Mitchell on Demand.    I like the graphs on ScanXL a lot because you can view 12 or more pids simultaneously as opposed to 2 with the Snap On scanner.  Also, the ability to stack  graphs of two or more pids  on top of each other, in the same window,  for comparison, is a very handy feature.   The graphs are very important to me, because I plan on using them a lot, not only for diagnostics, but for illustrating and explaining problems to service writers and customers.  This brings me to my next question.  I figured out how to choose which pid I want graphed, and how to adjust the range of the graph, but I'm not sure how to change the numbers on the y-axis.  For example, the range on the O2 sensor is 0 to 1 volt.  On the O2 sensor graph that was already included, the tick increments were 0.000, 0.250, 0.500, 0.750, and 1.000V.  The O2 sensor graph that I configured had tick increments that were 0, 0, 0, 1, and 1, and I could not figure out how to change it.  Thanks....John
BrianP
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2008, 10:34:48 pm »

What you want to do is change the Y-axis so that it shows 3 decimal places of precision. So you need to edit the format string for that Y-axis and change it to "%.3f" instead of whatever it is right now. That will do what you are looking for.
blackstar1967

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2008, 12:38:49 am »

That did the trick, thanks a lot.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: