Home News Products Downloads Forum Distributors Store Contact Us
PPE User Forum
December 13, 2017, 09:00:16 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: SCANXL and Autotap?  (Read 11375 times)
beerman

View Profile
« on: April 19, 2008, 05:03:59 am »

I have the autotap and elmscan 5.  I purchased PCM Scan software because it supported both interfaces.  Will there be a Atap version of SCANXL? or maybe a duo interface version?  What about lead time for GM support? 
BrianP
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2008, 04:29:54 pm »

I'm not sure if we'll offer an Autotap version or not. There are not very many users of the Autotap interface, so it's hard for us to spend the resources supporting it.

As for the GM support, it's probably a few months out still.
Cabodiver

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2008, 01:25:48 am »

Perhaps you might recheck...  there are a LOT of autoTap users  and 3.1 will bring many more..  why not take advantage and put the stuff they dont have in a add on or plugin  and let us send you money...! Wink
BrianP
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2008, 10:37:34 pm »

There may be a lot of users of the Autotap interface, but unfortunately very few of them buy from us it seems. If there was a more active community of Autotap users we may consider it.
chang30639

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2008, 02:16:10 pm »

hello i am new to these, what are SCANXL and AUTOTAP, I am about to buy autotap ATU $200.00 USD ONE, after i find this site so i am here to check what are the diffence?

THANKS
PLEASE REPLY
BrianP
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2008, 02:24:00 pm »

ScanXL is our advanced scantool product. Autotap is another scantool product sold by another company. Obviously we are biased towards our own product, and think it is better and more capable that the Autotap software. But I suggest you take a look at both websites and compare features, screenshots, etc. I am confident you will find that we have features nobody else offers such as custom Javascript parameters, plugin support, advanced dashboards, etc.
chang30639

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2008, 02:47:16 pm »

ScanXL is our advanced scantool product. Autotap is another scantool product sold by another company. Obviously we are biased towards our own product, and think it is better and more capable that the Autotap software. But I suggest you take a look at both websites and compare features, screenshots, etc. I am confident you will find that we have features nobody else offers such as custom Javascript parameters, plugin support, advanced dashboards, etc.

thanks reply

what do u think which produce that u have that will good for newbie user?
and which that produce, u have that support every thing autotap ATU have?

i have subaru legacy 99 and impreza WRX 04, nissan max 96

thanks
chang
kayaker

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2008, 07:27:16 pm »

As a newbie my understanding is minimal. However, after reading, at least, some of both Autotap and this website it seems that the former product is all about fixing the family vehicle and these products that AND testing modifications. Am I on the right track?
chang30639

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2008, 01:48:16 am »

PCMSCAN™ and SCANXL what u think which would be my best fit?
BrianP
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2008, 10:01:00 pm »

I would go with ScanXL-ELM. It would probably be the best fit for you.
chang30639

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2008, 10:24:37 pm »

ScanXL™ ELM
ScanXL™ ELM was designed to bring enhanced diagnostics into the reach of anyone using the popular low-cost ELM327 interface. If you already own an ELM327-based OBD-II interface then our ScanXL™ software is for you! ScanXL™ gives you more powerful diagnostic support than any other ELM-based software on the market today! ScanXL™ ELM supports all powertrain, ABS, airbag, and other proprietary systems accessible through the legislated OBD-II protocols*.

ScanXL™ J2534
ScanXL™ J2534 is the premium version of our professional scan tool. ScanXL™ J2534 supports all J2534 compliant pass-thru OBD-II interfaces. If you plan to buy or already use a J2534 interface in your service or repair facility to update vehicle software calibrations, our ScanXL™ product will be the perfect addition to your tool set. With no additional hardware costs beyond the J2534 interface, ScanXL™ J2534 will give you access to dealer-level diagnostic capabilities for thousands less

what are the diffence?
J2534 get out more information?
ELM Just cheaper?
Brandon@PPE
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2008, 05:49:15 pm »

J2534 is a superior product to the ELM interface (at a superior cost). It is used in professional environments and is faster and supports more features than the ELM. HOWEVER, ELM is a MUCH cheaper interface and is perfectly suitable for home use.

I hope this answers your question.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: