Home News Products Downloads Forum Distributors Store Contact Us
PPE User Forum
December 11, 2017, 04:10:26 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Dashcommand issues  (Read 4906 times)
kelmk

View Profile
« on: April 20, 2008, 11:50:38 pm »

I purchased Dashcommand a couple days ago and gave it a shot today. I had a few issues. First when it did get connected the data rate was pretty erratic. The RPM would update very fast for a couple seconds and stutter badly then go smooth again. The OBDII reader is on it's own usb port.
I tested entering standby and resuming and this caused dashcommand to stop updating. I also turned off the ignition and then started the car again and it wouldn't reconnect automatically. I would have to close the program and start it again.
I hope there is a way to get this thing to auto reconnect in both these situations or else it's not going to work for me as a digital dash.

BrianP
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2008, 04:31:57 pm »

That's strange - It shouldn't be having those issues.

What is the year/make/model of your vehicle? Also, what brand of OBD-II interface are you using with it and what dashboard are you using that's giving the erratic results?
kelmk

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2008, 04:34:12 pm »

My car is a 2002 BMW 330ci. The interface is an elm327. The dashboard is the default dashboard.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ELM327-OBD-II-USB-Scan-tool-ELM-327-OBD2-OBD-2-OBDII_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ43989QQihZ003QQitemZ130215722797QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW
kelmk

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2008, 05:25:28 pm »

Any ideas?
BrianP
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2008, 11:32:26 pm »

The only thing that I can think of is that your vehicle may not be responding to OBD-II requests fast enough, which could be causing DashCommand to time out.

Can you download our PCMSCAN software and data log Engine RPM and see if you see the same results?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: