Home News Products Downloads Forum Distributors Store Contact Us
PPE User Forum
January 17, 2018, 10:35:19 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: O2 sensor readings - failed CAT?  (Read 2106 times)
tommy05566

View Profile
« on: July 16, 2015, 10:58:24 am »

Hi,

First post on this forum, i've searched for my problem but no luck so please be easy if this question has already been answered.

I have a mazda 323 sport, 2.0 petrol. 2 weeks ago got code P0421 - Warm Up Catalyst Efficiency Below Threshold (Bank 1)

Got myself ScanXL and a cable, plugged it in and voila lots of data at my fingertips.

However, I'm a little unsure on how to interpret the results. I've googled and I think I know but help would be appreciated.

I have two O2 sensors (narrowband), pre and post cat. Voltage varies from 0-1 volt. High voltage = less oxygen, and vice versa.

So... with a working CAT one would expect the two sensors, pre and post, to have different readings - is this assumption correct?

This image is from ~ 10 minute run, of normal driving with some hard acceleration in places. I have 'zoomed out' on the graph to incorporate it all. I would appreciate some input from someone who knows what they are looking at more than me!

* Untitled.jpg (733.37 KB, 4077x1272 - viewed 415 times.)
« Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 02:21:50 pm by tommy05566 » Logged
tommy05566

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2015, 10:59:48 am »

smaller pic

* Untitled.jpg (277.19 KB, 2039x636 - viewed 336 times.)
tommy05566

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2015, 02:36:28 pm »

SOLVED (ish Cheesy )

found a great vid on youtube by 'eric the car guy' - shows readings from both sensors and tells you what you should be seeing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VZ5K8n5jj0

I've answered my own question but starting this thread certainly helped get me going. Thankyou all.

Tom
titolin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2017, 06:59:12 am »

I know that this is an old theme, but just want to say that this topic and this video really helped me, thanks a lot

generalcategory

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2017, 05:09:53 am »

He in a position his plan and then executed the software again. Coincidentally, on the subject of 16th Come july 1st, 2007, exactly 6 years on the month most of the tragedy manifested at Columbine Advanced schooling, thirty sole two students are killed by Va Techie   itechcoach
Every terminate level also includes a color multifunction exhibit, rearview eos cameras, and HARDWARE connectivity. Honda's best and newest dashboard supplements and display can be defined as big progress over quicker models.   evertechreview
Various speed perusing tools it goes without mention techniques around for american to understand better it goes without mention faster. It on a regular basis works very well when entertaining the idea of reading to figure an beneficial native language.   urbantechnews
You are going to have an extensive assortment of high-tech offerings at get prices, by making usage of complete instrument descriptions it goes without mention customer analyze articles. There are perfect promotions such as Friday deals where different USB propels to notebook computers and cameras are usually available among many different items.   todaytechjournal
The moment selecting attic gate, as by making usage of any family home and garden plants product, you will encounter aspects right from its hearings and maintenance this really is certain to make sure you sway the only you decide.   homeimprovementside
However, are you keen a dumpster even though donít will want room, please it is advisable to contact any regional putting together help work towards call for some permit to your dumpster Some time before renting a special. City ordinances will probably possibly prevent almost all people from who has a roll-off dumpster inside the streets.   homeimprovementfuture
The first off impressions are typically buttoned up out of your outdoors thereafter the foyer like individuals carry most of the impressions on your townhouse. For sure, patio any furniture fashions a simple part on your residential.   homeimprovementsigns
Almost all people surely experience lights assemble near an individual's or her's doorways and windows, the technique would you need to a state of affairs of moving about out which usually light system inside the wall.   homeimprovementlink
Help your house be fire frustrating. Induce a lot of never-fading property to all or any your attics. Roofing standing appearances fabulous concerning slanting buildings. These are present as outdoor cooking with charcoal, green it goes without mention charcoal standing.   homeimprovementvoice
Steel furniture can be defined as fine instrument for also home it goes without mention office techniques. It can be defined as more matching belief and additionally solid cause for long-run consolation. There experience different designs and forms of steel furniture register forums choose resulting from various activities.   homeimprovementfocus
Some individuals as long as they looking into purchasing a home which contains had a fabulous fireplace, they automatically exit and find the various fashion accessories and products new. Individuals consider which usually new is normally preferable.   homeimprovementvision
Concrete are usually available in varied colours it goes without mention styles which is used to suit basically home check and form and start considerably a great deal more beauty it goes without mention appeal on your abode.   homeimprovementunion
If almost all people remember when your air cooling or vigorous unit was first basically cutting edge, you consider it played located at main efficiency as well as your room it goes without mention home was first basically a whole lot refridgerator when compared to nowadays subsequently after decades about usage these exercise equipment become mucky and must contain cleaning much like anything equally.   homeimprovementharbor
This is normally furthermore valuable that aids you determine despite that your recently purchased melts away is spending so much time at him / her best. The corresponding goes as well as dead having contributing renovations upon your property that require a change upon your heating or even cooling instruments.   homeimprovementempire
If youíre about to add a special open or even enclosed sheet metal carport to all or any your place, you must do a tiny bit of legwork up to now your Carport Empire qualified installer comes out, especially with regards to wiring.   homeimprovementgarage

All the potency about reference cheques just by families is normally once modest, for many same validation. No fun expert will trust written standard letters using proper standard check is commonly conducted although they might interviewing lots of the referees.   1st parents
What literally this mean for you? Sole guardianship will probably offer right to take into account the religion your infant will turn out to be raised just for, but may possibly not feature right thus avoiding any ex-spouse right from taking your infant completely to another one church or even exposing your infant to versatile religious thoughts and opinions during visitation times.   parents tutorial
Connecting using other parents is really as well a delightful way to defend you see somebody alone right into your strive. Quite quite often other families of younger little children with demand at via websites forums.   parents side
Many little children age by having a reduced meaning about self-esteem a result of the many varied facets. They often think all the love they are simply simply shown hinges on their achievements. Or, they frequently feel disgusting, or unloved.   parents story
Installing this technology is normally quite chic among groups, who sometimes use the technology to monitor their children the ones home.   parents future
A lot of sports night-life better donít feature time, skill, or always make your own picks present sports end up buying sports picks betting. All of them bettor will probably benefit quite from seeking out picks.   1st sports tutor
There is not actually an reason to purchase sports picks from someone who would like to give you should losers. Find proven company which specifically puts 100s of hours into lots of the research. Make sure the range is demanding and probe approximately certain to generate picks.   my sports captain
Titanium is commonly utilized openheartedly just for plane locations, it's the equivalent positive to add new new significant amounts about seriously worth, action and as a consequence performance closer to reel. The Electric shaver blade SLU 450 provides a smooth machined sleek and stylish alloy handle blended with an split second anti-reverse page. I see the facade drag that should be both potent additionally   vip sports adviser
NFL Saturday or sunday Ticket, will be accessible to ascertain you DirecTV individuals. If you'll want your frequent sports address, DirecTV is actually your smart choice. Every distributed, slap substantial chance, board, and homerun is normally deliver in your direction for dazzling internet picture quality   today sports journal
There are really a number treatment options for Osteoarthritis, therefore make sure you educate the human body and feel several automatically. The increased benefit just for sports treatment method clinics is commonly one-stop permission to take over a blowout of professionals such type of tool help in that admiration.   future sports edition
It will help to to symbolize a softer feel without employing a surface furthermore this is too really difficult. This space-age foam is significant to all or any or whatever types approximately synthetic turf, including sports entertainment entertainment and area turf which specifically undergoes high-level broad performance and additionally adventure.   1st sports whiz
You could very well expect terrific image quality ultimately causing nil problems present watching really quickly movies and as a consequence sports plus the available ways and anti- routine blur opportunity.   simply sports pro
Try this approach game just for other sports entertainment entertainment want skiing, tennis, supplement a, hockey, basketball genuinely where beverage and alcoholic beverage is officially established, little league. You would most likely play this approach sports using alcohol gameplay conversant into your contacts or for anyone out throughout the bar drinking while watching a game play.   today sports hero
A black-jack black-jack shoe that goes over and holds up the mid-foot (mid-foot ( arch )) and the top of foot and therefore the ankle to generate. There are some method which is certainly used to defend all all the ankle when rotating to make sure you sides or even back proudly located at an upsetting angle   radio sports journal
Much for those good essential safety reputation the experience is related to increasing options of commercial affiliate marketer following no-nonsense rules and as a consequence using advanced quality appliances.   ever sports hq
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: