Home News Products Downloads Forum Distributors Store Contact Us
PPE User Forum
December 15, 2017, 12:36:16 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it a USB or Serial Scan5?  (Read 3269 times)
jcniest5

View Profile
« on: May 30, 2008, 09:02:45 pm »

Hi guys.  Hope someone can help me.  Okay, I don't have all the components yet (waiting for a USB to Serial Converter cable).  I ordered the USB ScanElm5 but I was sent the Serial version.  My laptop doesn't have a serial port, so Scantool.net offered to send me the USB to Serial converter at no charge.  My question is: When I receive that cable, do I configure my ScanXL to work with the USB ScanELM5 version or is the Serial ScanELM5?  From my initial inhouse test (not connecting to the vehicle), ScanXL was not able to open serial port that my Serial ScanELM5 is connected to.  Does it have to be connected with the vehicle before ScanXL can even find this scanner/port?  I hope it won't be too complicated setting it up.

Thanks, guys.

Shon@PPE
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2008, 03:59:18 pm »

I don't think you will have any problems.  When you try to connect, but if you do post something here or send a e-mail to support@palmerperformance.com and we will do our best to take care of it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: