Home News Products Downloads Forum Distributors Store Contact Us
PPE User Forum
January 19, 2018, 06:16:30 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Dashcommand slows down issue (not connecting)  (Read 9487 times)
John@PPE

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2016, 11:03:00 am »

Apparently we have a bug with the DashCommand settings that you cannot set the USB dataport. I doubt this would help your issue anyways. We'll be looking into this, but no immediate suggestions for fixes unfortunately.
Username123

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2016, 11:16:46 am »

Apparently we have a bug with the DashCommand settings that you cannot set the USB dataport. I doubt this would help your issue anyways. We'll be looking into this, but no immediate suggestions for fixes unfortunately.
Well I'll be waiting for a fix. I'm sure you guys will figure it out.
John@PPE

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2016, 11:52:51 am »

Can you send us another tech log? This one without the hub connected?

My support team has just told me there is possibly an issue with the new SX devices with DashCommand. However, you should be seeing a different error. So we're wondering if the hub is masking the error.

Also, in your email, just let the support guy know that we are handling this on the forum. I saw he sent you a generic response through email. He probably doesn't realize the email was for this issue.
Username123

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2016, 12:51:06 pm »

Can you send us another tech log? This one without the hub connected?

My support team has just told me there is possibly an issue with the new SX devices with DashCommand. However, you should be seeing a different error. So we're wondering if the hub is masking the error.

Also, in your email, just let the support guy know that we are handling this on the forum. I saw he sent you a generic response through email. He probably doesn't realize the email was for this issue.

I will do that later today. Thank you.
Username123

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2016, 05:40:59 pm »

Ok. Log sent.
John@PPE

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2016, 05:55:40 pm »

This new tech log still shows 2 USB devices. Did you unplug the hub?
Username123

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2016, 06:18:46 pm »

This new tech log still shows 2 USB devices. Did you unplug the hub?
Yes I did.  This android head unit has to usb input wires coming from it.  Maybe it still detects even with nothing plugged in?  Either way,  the only thing that was plugged in was the obdlink sx.
John@PPE

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2016, 06:31:17 pm »

What about the other Android device? Is that the same as this one? If not, can we get a tech log from that device?
Username123

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2016, 06:59:29 pm »

What about the other Android device? Is that the same as this one? If not, can we get a tech log from that device?
its a completely different unit.  Ill go pull a log right now.
Username123

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2016, 07:16:07 pm »

Ok log sent.
John@PPE

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2016, 07:32:04 pm »

I haven't received the new log yet. I'll check again later or you can resend it.

I'm done for the day and will look for it again in the morning.
Username123

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2016, 08:08:26 pm »

I just sent another one.

EDIT: I got a response from someone at ppe saying that I have bad hardware and to follow the wifi troubleshooting guide. I'm not using wifi, I'm using the obdlink sx USB.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 08:11:03 pm by Username123 » Logged
John@PPE

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2016, 08:25:54 pm »

Yeah. Sorry about the whole WIFI. I understand it is USB. The emails are coming from somebody else. You can ignore them.

Your logs did come through. I'll need to talk them over with my engineer tomorrow.

Thanks.
Username123

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2016, 08:28:44 pm »

Yeah. Sorry about the whole WIFI. I understand it is USB. The emails are coming from somebody else. You can ignore them.

Your logs did come through. I'll need to talk them over with my engineer tomorrow.

Thanks.
Ok just making sure.
John@PPE

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2016, 12:30:36 pm »

The tech log is showing that DashCommand isn't even able to connect to the SX hardware. We've just tested in our lab on an older SX with recently updated firmware, and DashCommand is able to connect with no issues.

I suspect the SX hardware is bad. Not sure why it will work with the other app but not DashCommand.

Can you please contact Scantool.net about this issue? The hardware might be defective in some way, and a new unit will function.

One of my engineers had a suggestion on the original hardware. The head unit you are using most likely has a cheap CPU. It is possible the CPU is overheating and unable to keep up with DashCommand. So the problem wouldn't be the OBD-II unit, but rather the Android device itself.

If this is the problem, we're not sure what to do. But might run a test on this.

In the vehicle settings there are OBD-II settings. Increase the minimum bus idle time. This will slow down the rate at which the vehicle gets PIDs, and would decrease the pressure on the CPU. It was suggested a value of 10 might help.

Also, try this in the data grid, rather than the dashboards. With these two changes, do you still get the slowdown in performance?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
  Print  

Jump to: