Home News Products Downloads Forum Distributors Store Contact Us
PPE User Forum
December 15, 2017, 02:32:17 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Had trouble with ScanXL version 2.0.4 (Build 824)  (Read 5868 times)
Galena408

View Profile
« on: July 08, 2008, 09:54:25 pm »

I bought ScanXL version 2.0.3 from ScanTool.net with ElmScan 5 USB hardware about two weeks ago.  I just tried ScanXL again tonight after loading version 2.0.4 (Build 824) several days ago.  I am new to the software, but I did notice that I had very few PIDs available when connected to a 1996 Chevy Cavalier several days ago after upgrading to version 2.0.4.  I thought that it was because the Cavalier was built in the first year of OBDII.  Tonight I connected to a 1999 Buick Regal that had a bad MAF sensor with version 2.0.3.  I was ready to install the new part and verify flow when I noticed that this car had almost no PIDs available.  The MAF PID was not to be found.  The license setting showed that Generic OBDII was installed, but the diagnostic type always switched back to Unknown when I connected to the car.  I uninstalled version 2.0.4, and reloaded 2.0.3.  All the generic OBDII PIDs were available again.  Did I do something wrong when I loaded version 2.0.4?  When I did load, the install program verified that another version was on the computer, and offered to uninstall it.  I accepted that option.  Using IBM Thinkpad T42 running Windows XP professional, service pack 3.
Shon@PPE
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2008, 12:47:27 pm »

Would you be able to send us a techlog of this problem so we can better figure out what has gone wrong?  To get the techlog first go to the help menu->debug options
and set the debug level to 9.  You do not have to turn enable debug tracing on.  After you have done this try connecting to the vehicle again.  After you you connect and encounter the problem save the techlog.  Send us that techlog file so we can figure out what is wrong.  You can either e-mail the techlog to support@palmerperformance.com or post it here on the forum.

Galena408

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2008, 08:45:04 pm »

I will try re-installing version 2.0.4 in the next several days, and see if the same thing happens.  If I do have problems, I will generate the techlog files mentioned.  Thanks for a quick response.
BrianP
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2008, 09:05:59 pm »

We have identified a problem with build 824, and have just released a new software build (831). Can you please download it and give it a try? Please let us know what happens!
Galena408

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2008, 08:10:41 pm »

I tried loading version 2.0.4 again, and gave it a second try before I saw your last posting.  Attached are the techlog files.  I had the same problem today with missing PIDs using version 2.0.4.  I then reloaded version 2.0.3, and the PIDs all came back.  I generated techlogs with both versions while connected to the same vehicle (1996 Chevy Cavalier LS, 2.2L 4 cyl)  The techlog files have the versions in the file names, so you should be able to tell which one is which.

I will try software build 831, and let you know how it goes!

* Connect to Chevy Cavalier_V2.0.3_more PIDs.tr (69.4 KB - downloaded 159 times.)
* Connect to Chevy Cavalier_V2.0.4_less PIDs.tr (23.46 KB - downloaded 148 times.)
Galena408

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2008, 08:37:28 pm »

I just loaded version 2.0.5 (build 831) and connected to the Chevy Cavalier.  All the PIDs were available, so it looks like that problem is resolved with the new build.
Shon@PPE
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2008, 06:28:29 pm »

Sorry for the problem. Glad to hear everything works now.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: