Home News Products Downloads Forum Distributors Store Contact Us
PPE User Forum
September 22, 2017, 12:50:27 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello, anybody there?  (Read 2946 times)
AGH1965

View Profile
« on: September 03, 2016, 09:43:01 am »

The last release of ScanXL (3.5.1) is already 4 years old. Even the latest news on the website is almost two years old. Does Palmer Performance Engineering still exist?

It's a pity. I like using ScanXL. It's a great piece of software, but after all those years I would like to see something new. Would that be possible?
Fahrer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2016, 01:14:00 pm »

I am interested as well... Huh
BlackRoseRacing

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2016, 01:32:56 am »

Yeah, I've noticed this for a while now. I've got people telling me they never heard of PPE. I even have tuners asking what PPE is. Very rarely someone will chime in and make a comment from the PPE staff. But as you mentioned, the latest updates are for individual platforms dated 8/15. As for software being out dated......I downloaded Vs 3.5.1 10/27/12....and there has not been an update since.
 I'm trying to work with a tuner currently with software from PPE that's 4 years old and they are working with software dated last month! It's getting hard to match a tuners logging software compared to one I purchased 4 or more years ago. As I mentioned in one of my other posts, I think its time to move on to something else as PPE does not update there software like many others do.....
Natwill2007

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2016, 02:39:03 pm »

https://dragillustrated.com/auto-meter-products-inc-announces-acquisition-of-palmer-performance-engineering-inc/
BlackRoseRacing

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2016, 09:43:01 pm »

So with Autometer buying them out (working with them) they don't have to support us anymore? It looks as if this agreement was over a year ago and very rarely anyone pops in here.
 Thanks for making that post NatWill
Natwill2007

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2016, 12:42:56 pm »

You bet. I am a master technician by GM and Ford background. Very sad to see such a promising platform go down the tubes like this. Maybe something will change, probably not though.
 Cry

Last Release notes and nothing since then:

5/26/2012 Build 2770
----------------------------------------------------------------------

General
* Fixed missing powertrain diagnostic system for 2007 L76 GM trucks.
* Fixed TCM diagnostic system for some 2007 Chevrolet Silverado trucks.
* CONST.WHEEL_CIRCUMFERENCE has been updated to handle spaces and lowercase characters.
* CALC.GEAR has been modified to allow lower RPM gear calculations.
* CALC.ACCELERATION was changed to not update the timestamps if the vehicle speed hasn't changed.
* Updated CONST.SPEED_CORRECTION to remove maximum of 2.
* Added the correct Ford powertrain diagnostic system to the 2008 Ford F-150.
* Fixed a bunch of PIDs for GM LS2, LS7, LD8, and L37 engine types.
* Fixed ABS diagnostic systems for many 2006 C/K trucks.
* Fixed transmission diagnostic systems on 2006 LLY Duramax C/K trucks.
* Removed GMLAN diagnostic systems from the 2005 and 2006 Pontac Montana SV6.
* Removed GMLAN diagnostic systems from the 2005 and 2006 Saturn Relay.
* Fixed 2006 Saturn Relay engine options, changed from 3.5L LZ4 to 3.5L LX9.
* Fixed some issues with the Innovate OT-2 interface.
* Fixed airbag modules on most 2007 Chevy trucks.
* Added engine diagnostic system for 2007 Z06 Corvette.
* Added airbag module to 2009 Corvettes.

ScanXL
* Fix crash that happens when you add a bookmark to the log file.
* Fix problem where unit settings were not being saved properly.
* Fix PID search control popup to properly disappear when the control lost focus.
* Fixed problem saving configuration file on versions of Windows using non-English character sets.

DashCommand
* Re-designed DashCommand to take full advantage of dual core processors.
* Added auto-reconnect system for DashCommand.
* Fix problem where unit settings were not being saved properly.
* Fixed problem saving configuration file on versions of Windows using non-English character sets.

DashXL
* Fixed a bug in the MAF gauge of the Tuxedo dashboards.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 12:45:17 pm by Natwill2007 » Logged
BlackRoseRacing

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2016, 09:55:44 pm »

Agreed,
 I've actually had a few Chrysler tech's use this software as it does more than most scant tools do for a fraction of the cost. Then all of a sudden no more support  Roll Eyes
MBofMB

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2016, 05:00:08 pm »

Hi, I just joined ... and noticed the sad dilemma of the product being sold to Auto Meter.  I guess I'm just late to the party.  I'm trying to learn and decipher the PCMSCAN output information.  This output is from a 2007 Pontiac Wave  with P0171,P0172 codes.  I exported the info to Excel but am not able to pinpoint the problem.  Would anyone like a go at it?
Thank you for your time and efforts.

* PCMSCAN reset-mil on @44-SAE Ver2.xlsx (4225.66 KB - downloaded 97 times.)
Natwill2007

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2016, 12:42:40 pm »

So with Autometer buying them out (working with them) they don't have to support us anymore? It looks as if this agreement was over a year ago and very rarely anyone pops in here.
 Thanks for making that post NatWill

You bet. I own a copy and boom. no support or updates. Just love that.
Natwill2007

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2016, 01:05:13 pm »

Hi, I just joined ... and noticed the sad dilemma of the product being sold to Auto Meter.  I guess I'm just late to the party.  I'm trying to learn and decipher the PCMSCAN output information.  This output is from a 2007 Pontiac Wave  with P0171,P0172 codes.  I exported the info to Excel but am not able to pinpoint the problem.  Would anyone like a go at it?
Thank you for your time and efforts.

I looked this over. I see a voltage drop out on 4 or 5 occasions. Test the battery and Alternator for stable voltage. (14.5V is standard. No less than 13.5) Load test it at AutoZone or equivalent in the parking lot. 85 amps is usually normal. Then look for vacuum leaks with a smoker machine (or a cigar blown into a vacuum line) for vacuum leaks. Also verify the EGR system is not hanging open or malfunctioning. Intake leaks or (un-metered air) messes up the fuel trim - short and long term values. Low volatage or a bad alternator can also wreak havoc with the ECM.

Good Luck!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: