Home News Products Downloads Forum Distributors Store Contact Us
PPE User Forum
November 22, 2017, 09:07:03 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 96 chevy c3500 5.7  (Read 1936 times)
Seattlejoe

View Profile
« on: December 28, 2016, 11:34:39 am »

Hello, im hoping somebody can help me to find out if it is possible to find out if theres a PID Availible for "cam retard offset" that would work on my truck? Fault code P1345. Ive read on other forums of guys that have done it using dashcommand pro with GM add on ,bluetooth scanner combo. But not excactly my year or model truck. Ive bought the pro ver. Of dashcommand, but when trying to get the gm upgrade. It says no pids avail for my truck. So i started trying some other trucks and cant seem to find any at all no matter the year or model chevy that i choose. So i dont understand how others have got theres to work. Ive also ordered the blue tooth scanner but it has yet to arrive.  So in just trying to get my ducks in a row.
Any and all help would be much appreciated.  Thanks yall
East302

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2016, 08:35:47 pm »

I have the same issue for a 1998 K1500, trying to get the cmp retard value.

Did you ever figure it out?  I, too, had read that this PID was available for dashcommand.
Seattlejoe

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2016, 11:56:20 pm »

I wont know for sure until i recieve my bluetooth unit from amazon. But i was told that there are only 4 years of trucks that used the cam retard offset to set the timing.  (96-99)  i havent paid for the GM upgrade yet
 Id like to know what PIDs are in it before i waste any more time and effort into going this route.
East302

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2016, 12:08:23 am »

Maybe you'll have better luck.

I'm trying to use it on an iphone and the PID for the cmp retard shows as a red circle...versus green, meaning it is unsupported from what I gather. 

I heard of others using it with success on Blazers, but looking back at those posts it seems that they were using the Android version.  I'm not sure why it would vary between platforms, though.

East302

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2016, 11:48:56 am »

I think I'm seeing your post on the Chevy board as well.  Thinking that only Android platforms would show the PIDs, I picked up a cheap android tablet.  No dice, it gives the same results.

This is pairing with a gopoint bt1a connector.
Seattlejoe

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2017, 06:36:42 am »

I talked with the dashcommand help department through a couple emails and they assured me that the pid is available in the GM upgrade for my truck. So im going to buy the GM upgrade  and roll the dice myself. Its really going to bum me out though if its there but dont work. Ill be using it with a BASF Elm37 Bluetooth scanner that i wont have till the 6th of jan. So i wont know till then, but when i do ill update this thread to its outcome. Wish me luck boys .
East302

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2017, 07:40:31 pm »

I'm thinking it must be my OBD connector.  I'm returning the GoPoint and have an android BAXF 34t5 that is supposed to be compatible arriving Thursday.  Or, at least the reviews on Amazon said it worked with dashcommand.    I'll update as well, will be interested to see if yours works too.
East302

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2017, 09:15:01 pm »

I got it to read the GM PIDs and cmp retard with the BAFX 34t5 adapter.  I returned the $120 GoPoint adapter since it wouldn't, apparently, read the PIDs.  Maybe it was a bum unit, but the BAFX was $100 less and worked right the first time.
Seattlejoe

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2017, 12:28:57 am »

Yes, i to got my truck in time today using the other ver. Of the basf unit. After upgrading with the GM add on it was only a matter of raising the idle screw to about 1,100 rpms. And a twist of my dizzy. I was futher out than i had thought . 17.5 deg. But didnt have to restab the distributor. And now im at .5 deg and running much better.

And i saved alot of money doing it this way. The guy that wverybody goes to for scanning around here said he wanted $50 an hour from the moment he left his front door till the moment he walked in his front door. And hes like an hour and a half away. PLEASE! any 7th grader can drive. And any competent shade tree tech can use this app! Glad i went this route. Only spent like $40 and i get to keep the tool.
Thanks palmerperformance.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: