I have been using Dashcommand now for a few years on different devices, a few months ago I changed my phone to a Galaxy S7 Edge and changed my OBD-II interface to a PLX Kiwi 3. All was working really well until a recent update to my phone which took it to 7.0 (Nougat), now Dashcommand refuses to connect to my Kiwi 3.
I have tried all the reboots, re-configuring Bluetooth, restarting devices, etc. but no luck. The PLX OTA app can connect to the Kiwi 3 OK and my phone can Bluetooth pair with it OK as well (I know that is not required but as a test I tried it). Looking at the console log (see attached) it finds the Kiwi 3 (called Kiwi 20) but then fails to recognize it as an ELM device.
BTW - the instructions say to press the menu button in the console to turn on debugging and email the resulting log but there is no menu button!! So I had to screenshot it.