Home News Products Downloads Forum Distributors Store Contact Us
PPE User Forum
November 19, 2017, 06:32:32 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Dashcommand on Android (Nougat) not connecting to Kiwi 3  (Read 1986 times)
adamfish

View Profile
« on: January 30, 2017, 10:06:58 pm »

I have been using Dashcommand now for a few years on different devices, a few months ago I changed my phone to a Galaxy S7 Edge and changed my OBD-II interface to a PLX Kiwi 3.  All was working really well until a recent update to my phone which took it to 7.0 (Nougat), now Dashcommand refuses to connect to my Kiwi 3. Sad

I have tried all the reboots, re-configuring Bluetooth, restarting devices, etc. but no luck.  The PLX OTA app can connect to the Kiwi 3 OK and my phone can Bluetooth pair with it OK as well (I know that is not required but as a test I tried it).  Looking at the console log (see attached) it finds the Kiwi 3 (called Kiwi 20) but then fails to recognize it as an ELM device.

BTW - the instructions say to press the menu button in the console to turn on debugging and email the resulting log but there is no menu button!!  So I had to screenshot it.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Adam

* Screenshot_20170131-145645.jpg (1063.42 KB, 810x2432 - viewed 151 times.)
Weston@PPE
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2017, 11:54:23 am »

We would need a tech log for this, the console text alone isn't detailed enough for us to see whats going on.

Samsung hides the menu button, you have to hold the back button for Galaxy S7 and newer devices, or hold the recent apps buttons for Galaxy S6 or older phones. This is built into the phone, it is not part of DashCommand, so you can hold the back button in other apps that use a menu button as well.

After you've got the menu up, enable debugging and then try to connect to the vehicle. Once the connection fails, go back to the Console menu and email the log.
adamfish

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2017, 03:10:53 pm »

Ah ha!  I didn't know that about holding the back button, still new to Android! Smiley   OK so found the menu, will retry with debugging on and email it in.  I have also reinstalled DashCommand just in case that helps, will let you know.

Thanks,

Adam
adamfish

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2017, 06:50:43 pm »

Debug Techlog attached here and sent in via email as well.

Adam

* techlog.tr (4.67 KB - downloaded 64 times.)
KindarConrath

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2017, 10:55:45 am »

Same problem, S7 updated to android 7 (nougat) this app won't connect to the kiwi (fully updated) debug log attached.

* techlog.tr (2.81 KB - downloaded 54 times.)
legscol

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2017, 10:04:47 pm »

Same problem for me too  Cry

* bugreport-2017-03-25-13-16-53.zip (6171.38 KB - downloaded 50 times.)
KindarConrath

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2017, 01:08:01 pm »

Any progress on this? It's obviously not an isolated issue, OBD Auto Doctor works fine, but I'd really prefer to use DC.
purple_jeep

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2017, 11:59:30 am »

I also have this same issue is there a plan to resolve it?  OBD Auto Doctor does work so it I assume its a software issue of some kind and not a hardware issue?

Cheers

Chris H
docgecko

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2017, 10:05:18 am »

Same problem here. Why do they keep selling DC when they know it has compatibility problems with Android?Huh Feeling quite ripped off here.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: