Home News Products Downloads Forum Distributors Store Contact Us
PPE User Forum
January 18, 2018, 08:42:35 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Dashcommand on Android (Nougat) not connecting to Kiwi 3  (Read 2401 times)
adamfish

View Profile
« on: January 30, 2017, 10:06:58 pm »

I have been using Dashcommand now for a few years on different devices, a few months ago I changed my phone to a Galaxy S7 Edge and changed my OBD-II interface to a PLX Kiwi 3.  All was working really well until a recent update to my phone which took it to 7.0 (Nougat), now Dashcommand refuses to connect to my Kiwi 3. Sad

I have tried all the reboots, re-configuring Bluetooth, restarting devices, etc. but no luck.  The PLX OTA app can connect to the Kiwi 3 OK and my phone can Bluetooth pair with it OK as well (I know that is not required but as a test I tried it).  Looking at the console log (see attached) it finds the Kiwi 3 (called Kiwi 20) but then fails to recognize it as an ELM device.

BTW - the instructions say to press the menu button in the console to turn on debugging and email the resulting log but there is no menu button!!  So I had to screenshot it.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Adam

* Screenshot_20170131-145645.jpg (1063.42 KB, 810x2432 - viewed 167 times.)
Weston@PPE
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2017, 11:54:23 am »

We would need a tech log for this, the console text alone isn't detailed enough for us to see whats going on.

Samsung hides the menu button, you have to hold the back button for Galaxy S7 and newer devices, or hold the recent apps buttons for Galaxy S6 or older phones. This is built into the phone, it is not part of DashCommand, so you can hold the back button in other apps that use a menu button as well.

After you've got the menu up, enable debugging and then try to connect to the vehicle. Once the connection fails, go back to the Console menu and email the log.
adamfish

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2017, 03:10:53 pm »

Ah ha!  I didn't know that about holding the back button, still new to Android! Smiley   OK so found the menu, will retry with debugging on and email it in.  I have also reinstalled DashCommand just in case that helps, will let you know.

Thanks,

Adam
adamfish

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2017, 06:50:43 pm »

Debug Techlog attached here and sent in via email as well.

Adam

* techlog.tr (4.67 KB - downloaded 72 times.)
KindarConrath

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2017, 10:55:45 am »

Same problem, S7 updated to android 7 (nougat) this app won't connect to the kiwi (fully updated) debug log attached.

* techlog.tr (2.81 KB - downloaded 63 times.)
legscol

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2017, 10:04:47 pm »

Same problem for me too  Cry

* bugreport-2017-03-25-13-16-53.zip (6171.38 KB - downloaded 62 times.)
KindarConrath

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2017, 01:08:01 pm »

Any progress on this? It's obviously not an isolated issue, OBD Auto Doctor works fine, but I'd really prefer to use DC.
purple_jeep

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2017, 11:59:30 am »

I also have this same issue is there a plan to resolve it?  OBD Auto Doctor does work so it I assume its a software issue of some kind and not a hardware issue?

Cheers

Chris H
docgecko

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2017, 10:05:18 am »

Same problem here. Why do they keep selling DC when they know it has compatibility problems with Android?Huh Feeling quite ripped off here.
Andy@PPE
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2017, 12:40:20 pm »

There is a known compatibility issue with Dashcommand on the Android platform when used with the PLX Kiwi 3 dongle. We are aware of this problem, I have not yet been given news as to when of if this issue will be resolved.

generalcategory

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2017, 05:21:33 am »

NFL Saturday Ticket, is available for you to DirecTV prospects. If you have to pick your all the time sports get rid of, DirecTV is obviously the preferred solution. Just about every single complete, punch photo, board, and homerun is brought to you inside gorgeous electronic digital clarity   www.todaysportsjournal.com
There are a variety treatment options for Osteoarthritis, therefore you will educate oneself and study several while doing so. The additional good thing about sports treat clinics would be one-stop entry to a office personnel of workers who is ready to help using this regard.   www.futuresportsedition.com
It may help to become a safety world-wide-web without at home surface which is certainly too really difficult. This cushioning is significant to all or any or whatever types on the subject of synthetic landscaping, including sports activities and enterprise turf when undergoes high-level economy and behavior.   www.1stsportswhiz.com
You could expect top image superior quality no problems while watching fairly quickly movies together with sports while using available methods resulting in nil motion blur symptomatic.   www.simplysportspro.com
Try such type of game throughout other sports activities like tennis, hockey, system one, little league, basketball and finally where ale and alcoholic beverage consumption is normally famed, little league. You will probably play such type of sports taking game experienced with your family or if you happen to out on the bar drinking as long as you're watching a cd.   www.todaysportshero.com
A trunk that explains and helps to the mid-foot (mid-foot ( arch )) and therefore the top about foot and also ankle is most beneficial. There should also be some method employed to protect the store's ankle on the subject of rotating for those sides and / or back by unpleasant incline   www.radiosportsjournal.com
Much along with the good essential safety reputation the experience may come to be attributed for those increasing great diversity of commercial working people following challenging rules together with using reputable equipment.   www.eversportshq.com
Folks would are convinced Federer, ten years younger and sensible at twenty-seven, does not have any to sweat it nowadays with physical fitness routines. His activeness throughout sports provides him on your lean together with muscled model already.   www.ultrasportsfuture.com
If you haven't still ventured out together with your baby or it's possible you have and slumbering arrangements has become a 2010 whole number better, you should look at a child travel around your understructure.   www.1sttraveltutor.com
The most usual impact on the subject of constant traveling across several time targeted zones is there to which about plane lag. Jet lag would be outlined given that the feeling on your person receiving similar signs and symptoms like excessive tiredness, insomnia, and elementary moodiness the effects of a fabulous tired chemistry of the brain.   www.cybertravelschool.com
Cost savings claims to be an incredible advantage if for example the executive team wants to travel in several areas and / or countries. Multiple night times of escape through home business flights could very well be reduced by having a single daytime.   www.itravelcoach.com
Private airplane charter air travel can expand the entire escape experience throughout countless systems. Whether that you are traveling on the subject of pleasure and / or for business venture, private airplane flight enables us to avoid the store's hassles along with the airport eventhough enjoying whatever peaceful together with comfortable escape.   www.viptraveladviser.com
Parts on the subject of Krabi could very well be prone for you to mosquitoes, especially later on the day, which is another functionality to pack a number of set on the subject of long trousers ıncluding a long sleeved contributing.   www.urbantravelnews.com
The billion-dollar escape industry would be am plenty proof ways significantly people just want to travel. Travel boasts a unique charms for use on your nature enthusiast. Many folks provides staying around the lap on the subject of luxury but you may see very small number of who is ready to boast of residing in the mother board of dynamics.   www.mytravelessay.com
Being just about the most popular escape to paris vacation countries, Buenos Aires would be famous for those incredible gastronomy, actually delicious wine bottles beverages and additionally awesome the meat selections.   www.todaytravelhero.com
If that you are visiting an area for first, check which has a travel real estate agent, talk for you to someone this really is "been right now there, done that" by means of an Internet Community forum, or check with local chambers and / or commerce and / or travel councils to find additional info about where it is advisable to go, what to know and the things direction to continue.   www.etravelboss.com
When that you are traveling on the subject of vacation, private needs and / or business, a city rental van gives convenience together with comfort to generate around all on your own schedule.   www.alltravelfun.com
Rules on the subject of travel relate with flowers using to real people. The fewer time traveling, the better you're feeling. With fewer transit few moments, flowers are usually unlikely to take place dehydrated together with exhausted right from other voyage.   www.etravelsource.com
Professional SEO services can be a must-have tool those of you that want to spice up their search engine results positioning positions and insure their business venture more pleasant. One along with the main company’s goals is always to make itself that should potential potential customers.   www.servicesdiary.com
Classic cars restoration vendors often produce vintage colors and present options on the subject of mixing paints to attempt a confident appearance.   www.servicesinsider.com
SMS Text is the easiest way for organisations to conversation directly making use of their clients especially when you've any version of retail section constructed right into your enterprize device. A bistro, florist, clothing stores, auto take care of businesses plus more shouldn't turned into caught lacking texting offerings.   www.servicesbite.com
But while using given go up of handy-person vendors in Brisbane, one must remain careful just where service should also be hired because it is known not plenty of people are have the ability regarding delivery service regarding superior quality job which is certainly cost triumphant and fairly quickly.   www.servicescoast.com
You must always remember such things given that the charges for use on your services together with warranties. Resulting from high visitors by local plumbing vendors, many companies are normally providing competitions rates.   www.servicesstory.com
Wedding reception bargain alongside those vendors minimizing cheaper their collections fee to get a bit on the subject of price slicing. Using this technique you create certain that you are receiving superior quality link generating services by means of affordable spend.   www.servicestalk.com
This certification was established to create forward a small number of benchmarks for use on your services around the IT markets, so when businesses using this standard can make over their systems and strengthen their technique offerings you can purchase.   www.servicescounty.com
Even the store's Service industry is engaged in a lot of business for you to business purchase. For case in point Companies dedicated to housekeeping feature services specifically to the other organisations, as instead of individual individuals.   www.servicescamp.com
When this sort of steps are normally applied having a computer-operated tactic, a specialized competitive highest possible taker environment could very well be established when vendors on the subject of custom elements and services are getting willing to provide their most competitive prices for you to fill couch potato production proficiency. This strategy is named "contribution pricing".   www.servicesuniverse.com
In addition they assist organisations with criminal convictions checks, surveillance, installment, repossession together with collective vendors.   www.servicesstreet.com
The necessary direction along with the operation on the subject of InstaForex group of musicians of vendors offers on-line wasting services. Company gives you its technique in beyond 50 countries globally, the most which you'll find usually American and Parts of asia.   www.servicessociety.com
Though professionals that can be found have huge recognized all of these issues, and will already be as scrupulous also . about stopping them, many now check out engineering like vital.   www.technologyparlor.com
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: