Home News Products Downloads Forum Distributors Store Contact Us
PPE User Forum
April 25, 2017, 07:29:00 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2001 dodge Cummins readouts  (Read 420 times)
Flubyux2

View Profile
« on: February 27, 2017, 01:14:38 pm »

I'm just getting started and I've entered all the advanced settings.

However one thing that I know is wrong is that the calc.boost will only read to 22.147psia. Is there something in the software that won't show a higher level? Sae.map doesn't have any different results.
Also, why is it showing in absolute if it's a "Boost" gauge? Why is it not set to read in psig?

As far as the fuel economy dash, it's not showing fuel level or some other readings. It does show flow rate. But I thought that if I entered the tank capacity on the advanced settings, then this will activate the remaining economy gauges on the tuxedo dash?
Weston@PPE
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2017, 02:35:21 pm »

SAE.MAP reads in psia, any gauge labeled "boost" is reading in psig.

The OBD-II spec has a limit of 255 kPa of absolute pressure, which is 155 kPa of boost (or a little more than 21psi) over sea level. Because of this, its usually impossible to get readings higher than that. If you are at a high elevation it can read slightly more than 21psi of boost, but it can't read higher than 255 kPa of absolute pressure and the different is from a lower barometric pressure. It sounds like you are maxing out the SAE.MAP PID range.

Does your vehicle support SAE.MAF? If it does you can use a boost calculated from that, it will be less accurate but won't have the 21psi cap. You would do this by entered CALC.MAP_A or CALC.MAP_B into the "MAP PID" setting in the vehicle manager.
Flubyux2

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2017, 06:45:06 pm »

Thanks for the insight.
I guess the other devices that read beyond 255kpa are pulling it directly from the ecu can bus.
The calc.boost gauge is showing me 14.65 psi. So I assume it's absolute. If it were gauge, I would think the calc.boost pid would tell me "0".
It is a diesel so there is no manifold vacuum per se. So even at idle, it will never be below 14.65 even with Sae.map pid.
I do not have a maf sensor physically on my vehicle. But it does show a maf reading on the readouts in g/sec. I assum this is calc based on Sae.map and my manually entered ve and displ?
Do you think I could back into the calc.boost by using the calc.maf as the "Boost" input variable?
Weston@PPE
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2017, 01:31:35 pm »

If your vehicle does not have a MAF sensor, then the MAF reading you are seeing is calculated from SAE.MAP and would not be useful in trying to calculate boost (it should calculate back to the same pressure we started with).

CALC.BOOST is adjusted for barometric pressure, using the PID SAE.BARO, and should be displaying psig. Can you view SAE.BARO in the Data Grid? It sounds like it might be supported but returning 0, which would essentially make CALC.BOOST the same reading as SAE.MAP. If it says "NO DATA", you can try doing an agressive PID validation by long-holding the Validate PIDs button in the Vehicle Manager.
Flubyux2

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2017, 03:14:04 am »

I gotcha.

The Sae.baro did show no data. It was not in the supported pid list. So I did the aggressive pid validation. No luck. Sae.baro is still showing No Data.
Ambient air density also shows n/a.
So I'm not sure where to go from here to get a psig readout.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: