PCMSCAN is a fully featured generic OBD-II scanner and diagnostic tool that supports a wide variety of OBD-II hardware interfaces.
It allows viewing, charting, logging and playback of diagnostic data in
real time via the vehicle's OBD-II diagnostic data port. It also
viewing of vehicle Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC's), Freeze Frame
data, and other
PCMSCAN supports 1996* and newer vehicles whether it be US, Asian, or European.
Supported OBD-II protocols: SAE-J1850 (PWM and VPW), ISO-9141, ISO-14230 (KWP2000), and ISO-15765 (CAN).
the demo, then if you like it you can buy it and turn your demo
into a fully-working version.
*1996 is the year the OBD-II system was standardized for passenger vehicles sold in the United States. In Europe, this was
standardized in 2001 for gasoline vehicles and 2004 for diesel passenger cars. Please verify that your vehicle is OBD compliant
- Virtual Dashboards
- With our patent-pending DashXL™ technology you get high quality dashboards on any screen size.
- Highly configurable realistic looking gauges.
- Gauges can be moved, resized, and laid out to resemble your own dashboard.
- Virtual dashboard layouts can be loaded and saved from pre-existing templates or your own custom creations.
- Gauges can be configured to report the minimum, maximum, and average values of the parameter being monitored.
- Highly configurable graphs allow simultaneous graphing of up to 8 parameters per graph.
- Tables can be placed on virtual dashboards and customized to report any parameters you want.
- Maps can be placed on virtual dashboards and customized to display a full 3D view of any desired parameters.
- You can set up an unlimited number of gauges, graphs, tables, and maps on your virtual dashboard.
- Drag Strip and Dyno
- The drag strip displays a countdown and timing light and measures your launch and reaction time. At the end of your
run, you get a timeslip with the stats from the run.
- Measures reaction time, 60' time, 330' time, 0-60 MPH, 1/8 mile ET, 1/8 mile speed, 1000' time, 1/4 mile ET, 1/4 mile
- If you use aftermarket performance parts, the new digital dyno feature will let you test horsepower and torque to
measure their impact on your vehicle's performance-- just try out the dyno and see if those parts were worth the money!
- Supports both English and Metric units of measurement.
- Data Logging
- Currently supports over 220 generic OBD-II parameters, including O2 sensors.
- Also supports all aux. input parameters available from the Innovate Motorsports LM-1 Wide Band O2 meter.
- Also supports the AEM UEGO wide band O2 meter as an aux. input.
- Also supports the TechEdge wide band O2 meter as an aux. input.
- Also supports the PLX Devices iMFD Sensor Module as an aux. input.
- Also supports the Zeitronix ZT-2 wide band air/fuel meter as an aux. input.
- You can record and playback log files in real time (1ms logging accuracy).
- You can save and load your log files for offline analysis.
- Playback speed can be adjusted to play faster or slower than real time.
- There are no restrictions on how much data you can log, it is only limited by how fast your OBD-II interface cable can send the data and by how much memory you have in your computer.
- English and Metric (SI) unit measurement systems supported.
- Customizable log file data export to .CSV file for easy viewing in other programs like Excel.
- Export with real-time stamps for easy correlation with external data logs.
- PIDs can be assigned priorities to speed up the data capture rate.
- Full support for data log file bookmarks - if you notice the engine misfiring or some other problem, using the log
file bookmarks you can just reach over and press F6 to add a bookmark into the logged data that is being recorded. Then
you can come back at any time and see exactly where the bookmark is and view the surrounding frames of data to analyze the
- Trouble Codes
- Read stored and pending Diagnostic Trouble Codes.
- Clear the Check Engine or Service Engine Soon indicator light.
- Read and clear stored Freeze Frame data.
- Supports thousands of vehicle trouble code definitions.
- Test Results
- Read the status of Continuously and Non-Continuously Monitored Tests.
- Full support for printing and print preview.
- All of the different views, including the virtual dashboards, support printing/print preview.
- For those who possess a knowledge of the OBD-II protocol, PCMSCAN provides an OBD-II Terminal where you can send custom commands to the vehicle.
parameters and data.
- Configurable alerts system - the alerts system allows you to configure the software to monitor any parameter(s)
you like. When the specified conditions are met, the software will automatically play a sound (to warn you if you are
driving) or insert a bookmark for you into the logged data that is being recorded.
- Interface Cables
- PCMSCAN supports the following OBD-II interface adapters:
- Autotap AT1, AT2, AT3, AT123 (v2.x)
- VIA LDV100, LDV200, LDV300, LDV123
- Multiplex Engineering T16
- ELM320, ELM322, ELM323 (v2.x)
- ELM327 (all versions)
- Any SAE-J2534 compliant OBD-II interface.